We offer several different types of environmental testing to suit your homes particular needs, we offer discounts for multiple Air Quality Tests for the same home, excluding Radon.
CO (Carbon Monoxide) & Gas Leaks
All gas appliances - stoves, furnaces, water heaters, etc. - produce carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is toxic to humans. At Insight, we test CO in your home and at the output of your gas appliances, to give you the assurance that your home is not making you sick and your appliances are working properly. These appliances and their supply pipes can also leak gas into your home and, even at low levels, cause irritation and sickness in children, adults, and the elderly. Insight identifies these common issues that contribute to 'sick' homes.
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are harmful chemicals emitted by various products and materials we have in our homes. A car's 'new car smell' is a common example of VOCs. Many VOCs may not be detected by smell, yet can exacerbate or even trigger asthma attacks. Thousands of products – many that we use or are exposed to everyday – emit VOCs into the air even when they are stored. Concentrations of VOCs can be 10 to 100 times higher in our homes than outdoors, requiring removal of the off-gassing material or increased home ventilation. Identifying the levels, types, and sources of VOCs with our lab analyzed sampling system is the first step in improving indoor air quality and occupant health.
Molds are microscopic fungi that can be found almost anywhere - both indoors and outdoors! Mold growth occurs mainly in warm, damp, and humid conditions. They reproduce by making spores that are released into the air to be transported to other places where they can germinate and grow. When mold is in an active growth phase, it releases gases into the air called Mold Volatile Organic Compounds (MVOCs or Mold VOCs). Some MVOCs you can smell; however, not all of these gases can be detected by smell.
Formaldehyde is a chemical commonly used in the manufacture of building materials and numerous household products. At room temperature, formaldehyde vaporizes into the air, potentially causing serious health problems. It is also a by-product of combustion. When you burn things like natural gas, wood, gasoline, or tobacco, formaldehyde gas is released into the air.
RADON IS A CANCER-CAUSING, RADIOACTIVE GAS
You cannot see, smell, or taste radon, but it still may be a problem in your home. When you breathe air containing radon, you increase your risk of getting lung cancer. In fact, the Surgeon General of the United States has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today.
1 / 1